Minerals are not an endless resource. Between 2021-2025 The National Geological Exploration Project provisions the four times increase of the annual state funding of geological exploration in Kazakhstan. The government is developing new mechanisms to stimulate the participation of national and international companies in the search for new deposits and the development of promising areas. Considering the huge mass of land, the effectiveness of geological exploration in Kazakhstan largely depends on the use of advanced technologies. Besides explorers’ luck, modern geology relies on advanced technologies, comprehensive analysis of data, and the high competence of specialists.
• First annual results national geological exploration project of Kazakhstan.
• Evaluation of exploration results and development scenarios for promising areas.
• New approaches and technologies for qualitative forecasting and evaluation of mineral resources.
• Application of 3D scanning and autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles in geological exploration.
• 3D underground surveys and 3D geological modelling.
• Prospects for wider use of aeromagnetic survey technologies using UAVs.
• Ground-based electrical surveys technology in action.
• Prospects for digitalisation of geological industry to increase prospectively and drive down the costs.
Organised in partnership with Department of International Trade
The decarbonisation of the global economy and the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) drive changes in the Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance in the mining and metallurgical industry. Many mining companies in Kazakhstan are reviewing their sustainability strategies and are actively implementing technologies and projects that help minimise their environmental footprint, reduce CO2 emissions and waste, and use energy and water more resources efficiently.
• Meeting the demand for sustainable development technologies in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
• Sustainable technologies for underground mines, water supply, processing plants.
• Solutions for industrial energy and processing areas.
In recent years, Kazakhstan has been actively modernizing mining and metallurgical industries using digital technologies. Today, almost all IT companies offer digital solutions that promise to increase productivity, profits, and planning efficiency. The question is, will the results of innovation meet customer expectations? Which solutions will really stimulate the growth of local mining companies with their unique specifics, and which ones will lead to unjustified costs? Successful implementation of digital products, as well as their compatibility and resilience to cyber risks, plays an important role in their selection.
Technologies proposed for discussion
• The use of machine vision and artificial intelligence to control ore quality and technological processes
• Predictive maintenance of equipment
• Optimisation of production processes using artificial intelligence
• Improving the safety of industrial transport
• Complete digital solutions from mine to factory
Organised in partnership with Aveva
The mining industry plays a critical role in our lives. Today, we see an increase in global consumption for commodities due to upward trends in urbanization and industrialization. These growing demands will continue to drive the industries for many years. Digital transformation enables mining enterprises with smart and reliable tools for analytics, asset and business process management, data infrastructure, improving transparency and efficiency of operations throughout the entire value chain. AVEVA experts will talk about the most relevant digital solutions for the mining sector, while the key customers will share their insights and case studies.
Industrial digitalisation is one of the top drivers of the economic development of Kazakhstan. According to official estimates, virtually all mining operations in the country have a 10-15 percent potential to improve efficiency and reduce the cost of operations. At the small and medium-sized enterprises, this potential is 50% or greater. Many mining companies have developed digital transformation strategies and are exploring the possibilities of introducing 4.0 technologies to improve the efficiency of individual productions and supply chains. Digital technologies enable to streamline business processes and increase the overall return on investment. There are many areas for the use of digital technologies, however, the maximum effect can be achieved only in the case of a comprehensive implementation of information systems – a complete digital transformation of the individual companies and the whole industry.
• Prospects for the digital transformation of the mining industry of Kazakhstan.
• Strategies and examples of digitalisation of mining and metallurgical enterprises.
• Prospects for the development of digital mines and autonomous production complexes.
• Application of the MES concept and digital tools for managing technological processes.
• Cases if automation and digitalisation of business management processes.
• Digitalisation of asset management and predictive maintenance and repair.
• Applications and benefits of 3D laser scanning for mining.
• AI in mine automation and cost optimisation.
• Mining Automation and robotics in practice.
• AI-enabled mining monitoring and diagnostics.
• Digitalisation of emission management and environmental monitoring.
• Building Information Modelling for mining and minerals projects – going beyond 3D modelling.