Trends and prospects for ESG financing in the mining industry
Achieving carbon neutrality in industrial production requires significant investment commitments from mining companies, financial and government institutions. Global climate initiatives stimulate the creation of new financial instruments and the development of taxonomy practices for green and adaptation projects. To enhance ESG financing of industrial transformation a widespread discussion is taking place on many levels. Credit institutions and stock markets are developing new criteria. Raising finance for green and adaptation projects helps companies to improve their ratings and increase market value. Companies are mastering responsible financing tools that allow them to raise funds for reducing climate change footprint and implement green projects e.g., waste management, energy, construction, transport, water supply, biodiversity, and environmental preservation.
• Managing the value and costs of mining in the context of a green economy agenda and climate commitments.
• Development of sustainable and responsible financing in the mining industry - global and national experience.
• How does ESG financing help solve environmental problems in practice?
• Experience in financing sustainable development projects: building solar and wind power plants, purchasing electricity from suppliers with the lowest carbon footprint, investing in the construction of water treatment facilities and restoring the biodiversity of ecosystems.
• Performance evaluation criteria of ESG-funded projects.
• ESG finance for junior exploration companies.